Re: POLL about OffTopic Posts at Loopers Delight

2)

RICK WALKER <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:

> What's your vote, Greg?

Well Rick, I am going with Daryl's definition of 'keeping things as they
are'. My preference would be to allow both. I'm happy for others to do use
another list as long as it doesn't detract from my LD experience. But, I'm
also happy for us to carry on using prefixes to categorise OT posts.

As it has been pointed out, once you've set up a few filters it's easy to
sort posts based on their relevance to looping. A bit like a mail server
which has a dual-threshold spam filter. Those who can't spare the time to
read everything would have the ability to sort posts into three categories,
on-topic, off-topic for subjects not directly linked to looping, and the
alternative list for everything else. Those of us who want the Full Monty
can have that too.

It seems to me that some very interesting things happen when you allow
events, performances or conversations to go off on a tangent, so I wouldn't
want us to get too hung up on rules and definitions.

The bottom line for me is that I have learnt so much from the incredible
amount of knowledge and experience that you all share here that I would not
want this stream of consciousness to be reduced in any way.

Long live Loopers Delight!

PS Sorry about the lengthy post, but I wanted to explain my choice.