Re: Keeping the off-topic off the list

At 8:40 PM +0200 8/29/07, David Steinberg wrote:

>It's simple : people who subscribe to this list are interested in
>reading and sharing informations about loopers and looping music,
>and tangent subjects such as the instruments used, etc. are also of
>interest to most of them. But that's it.

Speak for yourself there.  In my own case, I find the LD list to be
one of the best collections of polymaths on any music-oriented
Internet mailing list.  Like all polymaths, the majority of its
members are interested in many different fields.  And just as they
can post intelligently about looping-related subjects, they can post
every bit as interestingly about pretty much anything.

In other words, I'm here for the people, not just the "on-topic content".

>That's why I think that another list could be a good thing. Of
>course, it can only work if most of the "usual posters" here do
>agree about this and use it.

To be clear, I agree pretty much with Warren's sentiments earlier.
Yet, I'm not really opposed to a parallel list, either (I even
suggested that myself at one point).  As Per and a few others have
mentioned, it's relatively little work to simply filter it all into
the same mailbox and go on business-as-usual.

To that end, however, can you please post the direct address for
subscribing to LDOT from a *non* Gmail email account?  Google's being
stupid (keeps trying to force me to create a new gmail addy with so
much gobbledegook that I'll never remember the damn thing; yes, it's
the system, because I'm already requesting things so ridiculously
convoluted that there's no way anybody has these addresses).  I'm
rather irritated at them right now, and it would be much easier to
simply send a "subscribe" command.  Bugger-all this web-based
garbage.  :P

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."