Re: im about to start a war

In a message dated 8/30/2007 10:17:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, uncledig@gmail.com writes:
No disrespect intended, at all.  Although I don't like being called ridiculous, I'll just grin and bear it.

In the end, we'll each make our own decisions on hardware that best fits our needs and capabilities.  My personal belief is that no one with some basic computer knowledge (and perhaps access to this list and the ability to get to Google) should be afraid to purchase a computer from a retailer for the purpose of live looping.
I didn't state you were ridiculous, just the "part" about "It's simpler than buying a car by a long shot."

When you take into account the common commodity that a vehicle is, then compare that to the highly specialized need that an audio dedicated laptop represents, I don't think so.

My point is this: When you take into account the law of averages, it becomes quickly apparent that the needs of the many far and away out weigh the few. Musicians/DJs/Sound Engineers that require or choose to use laptop computers are indeed the few as compared to the countless numbers of laptop users whose needs are fully met by the typical configuration of commercial computers. The manipulation of the BIOS is also not something that you "choose" or "pick" like an item on a diner menu at your favorite restaurant. Most computer users that have been using computers everyday for the last 10 years have merely "heard" of the BIOS at best. Until you have a NEED to learn about such, there is positively no need to become in anyway familiar with such.

As far as Google is concerned, try researching a car purchase as opposed to the highly specialized computer needs of the members of this group from a dead roll. That should take about 3 seconds to put in perspective whether you are a member of this group or not.

Music dedicated computers and typical commercial computers with respect to their set up and configuration is like comparing East to West. There is none. The knowledge as to their non surface level set up and configuration is anything but common or simple and that's just the software aspect.

Sincerely & RESPECTFULLY my friend, encouraging entry level and even moderately advanced computer literate musicians to do some "simple" online research in order to set up there own music dedicated computers will yield MUCH frustration to say the very least. Even if they have a very accurate understanding of their OS and hardware needs. There are so many more specifics involved.