RE: Question about fretless guitar(slightly OT)

 >> Brian I think Per was the last post on fretless stuff on the list but I've posted from time to time.  I play fretless and use a light gauge think the top is 12.  <<

ah- I mentioned that I'd fumbled with a fretless gibson marauder whilst on a business trip in copenhagen; as I recall the neck was epoxied in a jaco-style, & the slots were neatly filled with some pale wood-filler stuff. standard tuning. it was much easier to play than I'd imagined, though I spend plenty of time on fretless basses. I nearly bought the thing but I came to my senses just in time. :-)

a top E of 12 doesn't strike me as especially light, though.... that's firmly in dick dale/stevie ray vaughan territory, gauge-wise.

d.