Re: im about to start a war

On 29 aug 2007, at 22.13, David Steinberg wrote:

> But do people using software loopers here need 4 Gigs of RAM ?
> I've got 2 Gigs on my macbook, my PC at work has 2 Gigs too and
> they both work very well

I'm looping fine with 2 GB RAM in an Apple Powerbook and 1 GB RAM in
my Windows XP Mobius laptop. 1 GB would be problematic in a Mac
though, since OS X needs a lot of RAM (as well as free disk space, in
order to keep the system optimized and the drive fast and without too
much fragmentation. These are old routines brought over from UNIX,
automatic maintenance processes that happen at night if you once in a
while leave the Mac on when going to bed).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)