Re: Keeping the off-topic off the list ?

On 29 aug 2007, at 19.38, Warren Sirota wrote:

> I haven’t chimed in yet, and I *have* signed up for the OT list,
> but I gotta say, I don’t like the idea of a separate list. For me,
> this list is mostly about communicating with a bunch of interesting
> people who I occasionally have the pleasure of meeting FTF, and
> keeping up with my friends’ mp3s, videos and opinions. I valued the
> book topic. Every day, I delete huge ranges of messages – but
> viewing them by conversation makes this really easy. I don’t keep
> up with any other community, really, not having the time. To me,
> the OT stuff tends to be more interesting than the long threads on
> equipment that I don’t have or use.

My view is close to Warrens here. So in order to keep up with
everything without having to bother about separate lists I have them
both filtered into the same mail box. Recommended!

I don't need to know which list a certain thread is coming from, I
just delete or read-write-reply. My replies goes out to the same list
they came from. A true victory for mail filtering and separate mails
subscription!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)