RE: OT Film (No standards: crap.)

--- Mech <mech@m3ch.net> wrote:

> There's another more recent film with a time/logical
> loop theme
> that's nagging at the edge of my conciousness, but I
> can't bring it up right now.

'Memento', maybe? I saw it a while ago, but don't have
any distinct memory of the plot. I do have the feeling
that there's some irony in that, but can't say exactly
why. ;)

Actually, I've been meaning to post about this one for
a while now: of any film I've ever seen, the one with
the best loop-analogue has to be a short called "In
the Club of the Laid-Off" by Czech animator Jiri
Barta. In this film, a bunch of discarded mannequins
come to life each day, and repeat pretty much the same
routine. However, entropy and impermanence conspire to
break things, so each iteration of the loop is subtly
different. Very cool.

-t-

-t-

http://www.myspace.com/nimbletunes
http://cdbaby.com/all/timnelson

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user
panel and lay it on us.