Re: OT: RME Firewire 800 and Guitar Amp Sim - Preamps

On 28 aug 2007, at 20.48, Raul Bonell wrote:

> passive guitar -> line level input = not enough gain
>
> raul.

That's right. But since you post these words of wisdom under the
topic "RME Firewire..." you should also know that the FW400 and the
FW800 has mic amps as well. On the FW400 I have now I use three
inputs set to perfectly match the output level of three different
instruments - and funnily none of the instruments are exactly line
level. The option to fine tune input levels is what I like with the
FW400,

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)