Re: OT Film (No standards: crap.)

why have I not been taken off the list yet, how long does it normally take?

On 28 aug 2007, at 13.49, Goddard, Duncan wrote:
> hated it. can't bear greenaway. so smug. & that music..... I

I was never able to gather enough brave sprit for going to watch that
one. But I loved Greenaway's earlier movie The Draughtsman's Contract
(1982). Now when thinking back I think I liked it mostly because of
the music. Michael Nyman's music had a tremendously inspiring effect
on me. When he later on did the soundtrack for *The Piano I was quick
to check it out, but this music didn't sound as interesting to me. I
think what I liked in his Draughtsman soundtrack was the use of his
reed instrument ensemble with all the micro tonal pitch clashing that
comes with that. "Ugly sounds merging into music" has always been
catching my ears.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)