----- Original Message -----
From: Doug Cox

I'd like to find a (light CPU, hopefully free or low-cost) VST solution for this before I get to Santa Cruz. :)

Try Chainer. Heck, you are using the Indigo? I did before too...I am basically re-directing you to my old system: Chainer VST host, Voxengo and Brackenbury tube amp sims, Mobius, and a bunch of VST effects. It's still a great little system.

Ideas?

On 8/27/07, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On 27 aug 2007, at 22.26, Doug Cox wrote:
>  Does anyone know of a good (free?) VST that JUST does guitar
> poweramp and speaker emulation?  It would be very convenient to use
> my outboard instrument and preamp tools (ie, stompboxes) and just
> let my laptop handle the final tone shaping.  All of the "guitar
> amp simulator" VST solutions I've tried have been WAY too CPU heavy.

Maybe... not free though.  But what type of guitar sound are you
looking for? What guitar model are you going to plug into it? What
pick-ups?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)