Re: AW: OT Re: No rules: no standard

On 27 aug 2007, at 16.37, daviD wrote:

> I've already said so in the past at least once : it would be a good
> thing to set
> up another mailing list (it takes a few minutes to do so on
> googlegroups for
> example) for off-topic discussions. Call it "Loopers Delight Off
> Topic", just
> like Analogue Heaven Off Topic (AHOT) existed a few years ago for
> people from
> the AH list who wanted to talk about other things than analogue
> synths.
>
> This way, people who want both on-topic and off-topic subscribe to
> both, people
> who just want one thing have what they signed for :)

I think that's an excellent idea!

Fact is I'm already a member of another list that did exactly this;
the Logic User Group. Since I like to get even the noise I subscribe
to both of them and have my inbox filtering set up to drop both lists
into the same folder. So in my reading praxis I don't need to know if
a post is OT or part of the regular list. I just scan the subject
lines, select unread posts and make a quick decision depending on my
working situation; which to delete en masse, read or file for later
reading.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)