Re: Laptop Looping - Mobius latency compensation

 > I pick up with the question I asked Per already: how would this
work when
 > running Mobius within a VST host? What will a 0 value result in? Will
 > latency compensation (with manually entered values) work at all? Will
 > calibration work?

Yes, latency compensation is also available in the VST plugin, and
calibration also works.  There looks like a bug where setting the
overrides to zero will cause them to default to 512 which may not
actually be your buffer size. So to turn compensation off in the VST
plugin, set both overrides to 1.

Unless you are using a plugin before or after Mobius that adds
latency, you can use the same latency values in standalone
mode or VST mode.

 > Ok, my application would be: in a possible setup, I may be looping
 > electric/electronic instruments (which I'm monitoring post-
computer, hence
 > I'm what you call "mentally compensating") and acoustic
instruments where I
 > can't do that. So I'd like to have a button (MIDI or keyboard) to
toggle
 > latency compensation between off/undetectable and on (set to a
specific
 > value). Will this work with scripts?

Yes:

     !name Toggle Latency