Re: RC-2 : First impressions / comparison RC-50

Even if you only use three parameters on an individual plugin while
performing (which sounds reasonable), there's the question of doing
the initial programming, installation, tweaking, etc. Plus, from the
posts I've read over the years, musicians who use lap tops in
performance seem to prefer using many plugins at a given time, and
having access to parameters for each of those plugs, and the abiltiy
to change entire chains of effects.

I think most people who'd be interested in this sort of device would
want a full-screen type interface, which would require either a video
out port (takes up space, costs money, requires you to address the
issue of video drivers) that you could connect a monitor to, or that
you do all that setup work on a PC and then transfer the parameters to
the VST host box.  The idea of doing any sort of significant editing
or setup work via a small LCD display sounds really unappealing to me.
 Consider--who wants to use a computer at even 800x600 resolution
these days?  It can be done, but...yuck.

The idea of a compact VST standalone host that you can use on stage
without having to bring a lap top starts to get watered down if you
have a USB keyboard and a display to really make it work.  I suspect
the end result would be more expensive than a laptop, since the market
is very small, and offer less overall utility (all those other things
people use computers for).

Consider--how strong were the sales of that previously mentioned
two-space VST host?

TH