Re: stretching words

   Daryl, thankie for your feedback!  Glad ya liked it!

   Yes, the stretching was pretty crazy in that one, but I can certainly
do
it more evenly / tonally too...  That was just a straight up live improv;
even the vocals weren't planned.  lol!  Jimmy George just hopped up on
stage at that point, and dropped into the groove and started
singin'!  lol!  -Really took the piece to a new and cool place!  Was very
fun!...

   As you can probably tell, the main part of the loop was created
granularly. (is that a word?  lol!) and the part you mention that sounds
like bowing, is simply a volume pedal.  The turntable effect toward the
beginning is the lil Space Station and I think that's about it!  :)  It's
all just one loop with the EDP and I did the time stretching thing by
switching to stutter mode and using sus insert, unquantized I
believe...  I'll have to brush up on my settings!  :)

   Anyway, thanks again and have a wonderful day!...

Smiles,

Cara  :)

At 11:46 AM 8/22/2007 -0500, you wrote:

>thanks Cara, great track! Around four minutes in, the layers of guitars
>really start to resemble some other instrument, like a chorus of violins
>using bows made of glass. The stretching effect at the end is very cool
>too, pretty harsh but I love the crazy buzz of it.
>
>Rainer and Per, thanks for the plug-in/VST recommendations. I don't
>actually use any music software (other than Cool Edit for editing
>two-track masters) but I'll look for examples of these in use.
>
>Daryl Shawn
>www.swanwelder.com
>www.chinapaintingmusic.com
>>
>>   listen to the end of Naked Blues on my website.  I do this live with
>> the EDP with a guitar loop...
>>
>>http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn
>

>--
>269.12.1/965 - Release Date: 8/21/2007 4:02 PM

---
   View my on-line portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn