First FCB1010 malfunctioning in five years

Pedal calibration resets all pads to MIDI channel 1.

I just discovered my first malfunctioning of the eminent but slightly
overweight MIDI control pedal board Behringer FCB1010. Except that my
first FCB died after four years this is the only issue I have had
with this cheap pedal. A week ago I decided to set up a patch in
Bidule that duplicates some of my favorite EDP functions with the
Augustus Looper plug-in and I have been working on the Mac since then
on this patch. So today I finally had enough of programming and felt
that I just had to commit some fearless looping activities with
Mobius or I would go insane. When I booted up the PC none of my
Mobius MIDI bindings worked.... bummer. Must be at least a hundred.
So I popped the FCB into the Mac and had a look in MIDI Monitor and:
Oops - everything is sending over MIDI Channel 1 instead of 10, 14
and 13 that I had set up my FCB for. And the stupid part of this is
that I had been programming some seriously brain hurting stuff in
Bidule on the Mac without even thinking twice about my FCB pedals
sending over new channels. So now I need to go into the damn pedal's
global mode to change two MIDI Channels whenever I move from Bidule
on my PC to Bidule on my Mac. Dammit! ;-)  So, as for the bottom
line, before this Mac week I noticed that the MIDI expression pedals
did not send all the values when sweeping some parameter so I
calibrated the FCB. Obviously the pedal calibration did a reset of
all "pads" to MIDI Channel 1. This was not the way my first FCB
behaved, so I thought I would mention it here because it's a new "FCB
bug" and many of you are using this pedal.

per