Re: Sparce 'n Spacey, part 2: fretless guitar

On 14 aug 2007, at 16.59, Mech wrote:

>  I've got mine tuned to an Arabian Oud tuning -- DGADGC -- so it is
> overall about two whole tones lover than a conventional guitar.

Nice idea. With fretless I think I'll tune the strings at the pitch
as they sound best.

>  But you do need to make certain that you've got the action nice
> and low to compensate for the larger gauge strings.

I use low action because it sounds better on fretless. Larger gauge
strings is also my choice for the sound they give. Especially when
using a flint stone pick.

> (In fact, I should be getting mine back from the shop later this
> week.  It's having the action lowered/neck shimmed and the original
> pickups replaced;

Will you post about it later? Would be nice to hear from your
experience with that instrument.

> Are you coming to L2k7 this year?

I'm afraid thats not financially possible this year ;-(

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)