> As an extreme example, let's say the latency of a particular computer
> and sound card is 1 second.  If the software can properly compensate
> for latency, as long as your loops are longer than 1 second you will
> hear absolutely no effects of this latency.
> Jeff

While Jeff is certainly the ultimate expert on latency compensated looping
I think it's worth not forgetting that
you'd notice as soon as you hit Reverse, or triggered a loop from start.
(or any other of the functions that can't be compensated)

Interestingly, when I last played with Mobius I was hearing the output
from the
pc, so was compensating for latency myself. Closing the loop was
quite shockingly out of time because we'd left Jeff's latency compensation

andy butler