Re: TIME PERCEPTION and LOOPING

> As an extreme example, let's say the latency of a particular computer
> and sound card is 1 second.  If the software can properly compensate
> for latency, as long as your loops are longer than 1 second you will
> hear absolutely no effects of this latency.
>

> Jeff

While Jeff is certainly the ultimate expert on latency compensated looping
I think it's worth not forgetting that
you'd notice as soon as you hit Reverse, or triggered a loop from start.
(or any other of the functions that can't be compensated)

Interestingly, when I last played with Mobius I was hearing the output
from the
pc, so was compensating for latency myself. Closing the loop was
quite shockingly out of time because we'd left Jeff's latency compensation
on.

andy butler