Re: LOVING NON NATIVE MUSICAL TRADITIONS (the psycholgy in music)

I found her reaction quite puzzling really, and kept
asking her why this particular music would have such a
reaction on her,but she didnīt know she just said she
hated that sound.She was a chemist maybe too much
brain work at her job(she worked over 10 hrs a day)
and just wanted to come home and do easy listening.But
what i think stressed her from this music in my
opinion is those unusual flated fifths and unfamiliar
harmonies,plus those odd time signatures typical of KC
which our ears arenīt used to.Too many devils
intervals perhaps;-)
Luis

> I think that's because when a person listens to
> music it activates
> the same inner (psychological and emotional)
> mechanisms that  also go
> with "taking action". So if your girlfriends
> personality (at that
> time) urged here to do things in a different way
> that the music
> implied for her, it explains her feelings of stress.
> Since the
> clashing happens at such a deep level i ones mind
> it's not even sure
> the person understands what's going on; typically
> only senses the
> threatening feeling, as if asked to do something one
> don't want to do.
>
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen
> www.boysen.se (Swedish)
> www.looproom.com (international)

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who
knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.