RE: OT: Vocal Harmonizer recommendations?

I don't think that anybody's yet mentioned it but, relatedly, there's
the HarmonyControl | Guitar from TC Helicon:

        http://www.tc-helicon.com/default.asp?id=10503

It looks like just a harmony-tracking sensor with MID output,
installed into a simple floor controller.  The advantage here,
IMNSHO, is that you can use this merely for the harmony sensing while
not being tied in to the pitch altering algorithms of a particular
manufacturer.  You can take its MIDI output into *any*
pitchshifter/harmonizer that will receive MIDI note input.  You could
just as well use this little box with a VST plug like Audio Damage's
Discord, I'd imagine.

As far as dedicated hardware, I know the Voiceworks series from TC
Helicon tracks harmony keys from MIDI input really well (I've use
one) but you could also conceivably mix-and-match this little floor
box with whatever harmonizer you prefer.

        --m.