Re: RC-50, un undiscovered treasure....

>From the workshop found here:
>http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=772&ParentId=46

In this example patch, the RC-50’s in Multi mode, the guide and Loop Sync
are off, and all phrases are set for looped playback. Phrases 1 and 2 are
empty, but we’ve got a 4/4 drum loop imported into Phrase 3. Though we
want to use the drum loop as a rhythmic backing, we don’t want it to start
playing right away; we’d like to record an audio loop (a chord
progression,
for example) into Phrase 1 first, and then start Phrase 3 playing a little
later.
Of course, when Phrase 3’s drum loop starts, we want it to play in time
with
our looping Phrase 1.
The key to making this happen is by using Tempo Sync. In our example
patch,
we’ve turned on the Tempo Sync switches for Phrases 1 and 3. This allows
the
recording of Phrase 1 to set the patch tempo, and also makes Phrase 3 play
at
the patch tempo. Follow along as we walk through how this works:
With the RC-50 stopped, select Phrase 1 for recording by pressing its
PHRASE SELECT pedal.
Tap your foot in a steady rhythm at the desired tempo.
When you’re ready to start recording, press the REC/PLAY/OVERDUB
pedal once, in time with your foot taps. Phrase 1 begins recording.
During recording, play with a steady 4/4 rhythm. This will ensure an
accurate original tempo calculation.
When you wish to close Phrase 1, press REC/PLAY/OVERDUB. The phrase
starts looping, and the patch tempo is set to match this newly recorded
phrase’s original tempo.
To get an accurate original tempo, make sure you close the phrase
exactly at the beginning of a measure.