Gig spam - cassette looping tonite

I'll be doing a set of improv cassette looping (four-track, Dictaphone,
with acoustic guitar) tonight in Long Beach, CA. I'll be there from 8-10
and will also be doing instrumentals (flamenco/minimalist/folkish) and
singing (acoustic indie rock) as well. It's at Koos Art Center, at 530 E
Broadway, and there's a $5 cover.

(I'm doing two more shows this week, though probably not looping, hence
the apologetical parentheses. Friday I'm at Synergy Cafe in Culver City,
4437 Sepulveda Blvd, near Braddock, going on at 8:30 or so. Sunday I'm
at the Javanican in San Diego, at 4338 Cass Street in Pacific Beach,
starting at 8. Both shows are free.)

Rick, I know the TC Electronics Voicelive which was mentioned before
does have the ability to sustain a single note, though I'm not sure if
one can then do other tracked harmonies while it's sustaining. I've
heard nothing but good things about this machine and am hoping to get
one at some point. On the cheap side, don't forget the Digitech IPS-33b,
which is quite old-school (circa '91) but has a great sound and is
surprisingly flexible and capable of a lot of wacked-out effects in
addition to  intelligent harmonies.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com