Re: Laptops -dedicated to music only?

BreachinThePeace@aol.com schrieb:
> There is one KILLER advantageous feature that Vista offers however. USB
> Plug n play virtual RAM. Now *that* smokes! Can you imagine a laptop
> with 2 gig of maxed ram becoming a 4 or 6 gig system in an instant? An
> elephant ain't the only beasty in the local jungle soon destined to
> never forget.

This isn't an advantageous feature, the Mac OS can do this since years,
but its something to avoid under any circumstances. As soon the OS start
swapping, you're in trouble performance wise...

And real RAM is cheaper than Vista nowadays... I run my Ondes
Memoreilles happily with 768 MB of RAM without swapping, I stick 9*90
seconds of loops into it... (It's OS X though, not XP)
I'll even wait to buy more RAM till I really need it, probably with the
next computer...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------