Re: A/B listening tests

samba - wrote:
> There used to be a lot of musicians saying digital didn't sound as
> good as
> analog ,and a engineers saying no one could tell the difference in A/B
> tests.
Speaking of A/B testing, according to what I've read, the difference
between 16 and 24 bit digital can be heard much more easily than the
difference between 44.1kHz and 192kHz.  So it isn't the sample frequency
but the bit resolution of each sample.  Plus, the more linear the AD and
DA conversions are, the more transparent the process becomes.  Bit depth
and conversion linearity seem to far outstrip sample frequency at
obtaining audible quality improvements.

Cheers,

Bill