Re: bows for guitars

My own approach these days (having failed with the Pirhanha) is to use the eBow -- which I'm getting better at. But even before this conversation, I ordered gear I thought might do the sustained sound trick. My plan is to use one of these --

http://www.pigtronix.com/products/ASDR.htm (should get mine next week)

-- or one of these (cheaper!) --

http://www.guyatone.com/Sv2.php

-- with one of these, which I already own:

http://www.sustainiac.com/model-b.htm.

The trouble with my plan is that the sustainiac is pretty random as to which harmonic it decides to sustain. I'm pretty OK with that, but you might not be.

I toy with getting my friend, Steve Holst, to build a gamba or apreggione for me, but I haven't quite decided yet. (It's either that or a harp-uke. Or something else. I've been thinking about it for a year or so now.)