Re: live looping with ableton live

In a message dated 7/4/2007 5:31:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sine@zerocrossing.net writes:
I don't use Live's looping functions (mobius does what I need) but
honestly, if you don't think it can be played as an instrument, check
out the Kid Beyond videos on the Ableton site.  I've seen him perform
many times and if you didn't know what he was doing it would seem
like all the looping was done on the floor.
I couldn't agree more. The ONLY limit to LIVE is your imagination. If all you're looking to do is loop, then LIVE is over kill for certain. To me, the best looper on the planet (JMO alert!) is Mobius. How could it be better? Other than being Mac friendly which is asking a hell of a lot from someone that GRACED us all with his amazing engineering. LIVE without question is the most friendly and most efficient sequencer on the planet. Anyone that makes a statement about LIVE's inability to be used as a primary performance tool lacks the necessary intuition it takes to tie their shoes. Simpler/Impulse/Operator/Sampler are all amazing devices. If a musician were to spend 30 days straight, 12 hours a day, and this is after they are primarily familiar with LIVE's mechanical layout, they would have accumulated a grain (no pun intended) of sand on the musical beach of life as far as scratching the surface of LIVE's instrumental capabilities.

See what's free at AOL.com.