Headrush delay trails?

Greetings,

I am a longtime lurker and greatly appreciate all I have surreptitiously learned over the years. I’ve searched the archives without success and must come out of hiding to ask a question of my own.

I am considering buying a Headrush (E2). I already own a DL4 and plan on picking up a V3 ‘Rang when they hit the streets, so I’m looking at the E2 primarily as a delay (with the added bonus of its looping capability.)

My question: While using the E2 in delay mode, will delays trail away when the pedal is bypassed (like the DL4 in “alternate bypass” mode) or will they cut off abruptly (like the DL4 in “factory default” mode)?

Thanks,

hoby