Re: Studio recording - breaking patterns - ideas?

David,

An idea along the same veins is to write music without a guitar in
your hands.  If' you've got a little training in reading/writing music
on paper, great, do that.  If not, write a tune or two vocally.  Sing,
whistle, or hum something and build it up that way.  Once you've got
something that sounds appealing, figure out how to play what you were
just singing and go from there.

Another idea is to pick a time signature or rhythm you wouldn't
normally use and see what happens when you try to build a song around
it.

May Apollo (Greek god of music, inspiration, and such) smile upon you.
Todd