Re: rack mount Line mixer

My 2 cents,

The best mixer I've found for my own looping purposes is  the long
out-of-production ROCKTRON G612.

12 chanels and 2 stereo FX send/returns and by puching a button you can
turn the whole thing into 2 virtually separate 6-channel mixers with 2
mono send/returns each.

Mine died a few years ago and I was forced to try to use something else
(for general lack of availability of the G612s).

I now use an old ROLAND ME120 that suffers from the same flaw that the
Rane suffers: 2 mono sends.

It's quiet and (so far) reliable though, and I've found ways of making it
work.

As long as I continue to loop with hardware it'll have a place in my rack.

The ROCTRON G612s were/are scarcer than hen's teeth, but there are still
ROLAND ME120s around here and there.

I still have my G612 tucked away in it's original box.

Someday when I find someone who can fix it I will be a happy dude.

Cheers,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

Flux Aeterna:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=6378076

Also check out the BEMF 1 CDs at:
http://www.boisemusicians.com/experimental/cd.htm

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi?step=view_profile&id=121197000042

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???