Re: randomness

I'm starting to sound like Kaiser, but you should move to Max, Per. You
can
do all this stuff.  It's just the  manipulation of numbers.  Numbers in
max
change effect parameters (midi 1-127 mapped to any number range), they
turn
on/off patches (1 and 0), they can turn on/off patch functions (like rec,
overdub, rev, etc) in a looper, and so on.  You could basically design a
max
system with an autopilot button that essentially randomly looped and
manipulated your real-time audio. Or you could have max generate the audio
for you (no pre-recorded files) with its synthesize objects. I have a few
max patches that generate music from your keyboard, or randomly. The only
thing practically limiting is one's imagination.

Heck, someone (not me, but a real max guru) could write a patch that
forced
you to play non-diatonicially, by analying the frequencies of your input
and
shutting you down if they followed a particular diatonic pattern - scales,
etc. That would be hilarious...a max mentor patch to train someone how not
to play inside. You get rated and scored based on what you play.

Kris