re: improvisation and performance

Well I'll never actually call myself a jazz player. As an improvisor when
I play a note that I consider
wrong I do play it again and try and change my perception as to making it
a right note. I love
dissonance and those notes work well for me. At this point I just think of
them as unexpected notes -
was going for something else but everything underneath shifted.

You are probably right about the jazzers though - they have a much tighter
framework to be in. I do
think fear of playing wrong notes makes for a major block to playing and
that the play it again idea
gives a way of sidestepping this and being a better performer. And yes,
eventually they just become
alternate notes....

Stefan

--