Re: AW: AW: which paramters do you controll with your MIDI Controller and Mobius?

On 22 jun 2007, at 00.29, Jens Wolters wrote:

> what is this "Record Overdub Expert" and "Bass Dots" ?
> And how to you pass different Rate Shifts values? That would be very
> interesting for me.

These are just some scripts I like. "Record Overdub Expert" has many
functions on the same pedal (Record, Overdub, Next Track/Next Loop).
"Bass Dots" simply shifts the rate one octave up while overdubbing a
32d note and then directly after the overdubbing lowering the rate/
speed one octave below normal pitch to compensate for the loop
speeding up when pitched up, so it will end up at the same time for a
complete loop round and stay in sync. I use that script to punch in
bass notes from normal octave lead playing and at the same time
creating a "glitchy" sound. Regarding Rate Shift values I think I use
one script for each Rate Shift value and then I bind the MIDI note
event sent out from a particular pedal board button to that script.
Hold on, I'll check it out on my USB stick.... yep, here's the script
for bringing the loop up a major third:
___________________
!name Rate 3
for focused
  RateShift 3
next

___________________

But I also use a continuous CC# from an expression pedal or knob
slider for continuous Rate Shift, as in "scratching" the loop.

And below is the Bass Dots script. It has a second function when
holding down the button as well.
_______________________
!name Bass Dots

RateShift 12
Wait last
Substitute
Wait subcycle
Substitute
Wait last
RateShift -7
Wait last
Wait subcycles
RateShift 0

!sustain 1000

Label sustain
if sustainCount=1
Wait cycle
Speed
endif

If you want to ask more on Mobius specifically you might post on the
Mobius list instead. I think this is going a bit OT here now :-)

Per