Re: Re: still on the interface quest...

I have the 1616m and can recommend it.  Not a spot of trouble and it
blew away my old m-audio 410 in sound quality.  It will work without
the interface box too, as a way of getting fast asio into your laptop.
As for future proof, well, I run it now in my desktop via a pci to
pcmcia interface.  There are enough pcmcia cards out there that I'm
sure there are or will be adaptors for firewire, pci express etc.  So
you'll be good for a few years yet...and after that, just buy a used
laptop for cheap and use it in that as a backup machine or for running
soft synths.

-rabbi

that gives answers, not web links.