Re: Laptop help

   Ah, my apologies Kris, I misunderstood your question.  -And, thanks
very
much for your answer to my own...

   Just as an FYI, the users in the situation I was talking about needed
configure windows to run the particular app favoring only one of the two
cores, as the devs used a security scheme which used a processor ID to
identify the machine it was running on, and apparently didn't take into
account dual core systems, so each time the computer would boot, it would
assign that particular app to start indiscriminately on either core, and
the app would see a different ID for the processor, and would have a cow,
thinking that it was not running on the same machine all the time and
telling the user that it was then not a registered and fully functional
copy.  ick!  go figure...

   anyway, again, my apologies for the OT and I definitely agree with you
on users letting the devs design the functionality into the sw, rather
than
trying to do it themselves after the fact, though I do understand the
motivation behind it...

Anyway, blah blah blah!  Have a great day!!!...

Smiles,

Cara

At 09:00 PM 6/17/2007 -0600, you                wrote:

> [...]

---
   View my on-line portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn