RE: Performance Gestures [was: Re: Laptops]

Yeah, I saw them in Buffalo NY back in... maybe 91?  First time they
played in the states in... maybe 10 years or something?  Fripp hid
(Sometimes God Hides?) the whole show and Belew had to drag him out of his
hidey hole for a group bow at the end.

Frankly, they're really one of my favorite bands, but lately I don't even
bother to go see them because of that type of behavior... and their often
blisteringly loud performance volumes.  Fripp wants to be treated with
respect... why not treat your audience with respect and allow your OCD
self to be viewed and make sure the mains aren't putting out a 160db
SPL.</rant>

On the inverse, Belew's a hoot to see perform as are the rest of the boys.
 One of Gunn's shows in SF was one of my top 5 live shows ever (with
looping even!)  First... Imogen Heap.  Quite possibily a perfect musical
experience.

(Yes, she was using a computer and a Repeater a lot during the show)

Mark