From: William Walker [mailto:billwalker@baymoon.com]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 10:16 AM
To: 'Os'; Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: [OT] mic recommendations

  Both Mic's you mentioned are excellent choices, the Rode being perhaps
the warmer more forgiving  sounding of the two and the Audio technical
being the more precise, with less coloration. I own a 4050 which has two
capsules and thus a bit more versatility than the 4040. But unless you
are going to use a figure 8 pattern, which I have all of twice, you
probably don't need to spend the extra cash. I think AT make great
mikes, I also have a hand held condenser they no longer make called a
4055. Mine was actually used at the 42 grammy awards, which means there
is a good possibility that either Michael Bolton or Celine Dion's spit
and DNA are all over this puppy...sweet.... I have found the 4055 an
excellent mike for guitar amps as is the 4050. The 4050 sounds fantastic
on acoustic guitars. I'll use it with a small condenser instead of the
more typical two small condenser array. The 4050 really makes small body
guitars sound huge. Good Luck Bill .