still on the interface quest...firewire bus power

> See your point. I use both mac and pc laptops and the ability
> to natively power up a firewire interface is one of the
> things I like best with the mac.

There is still one caveat here, though: Firewire buspower is specified for
maximum constant current draw of (I think) 1.5A, which a lot of firewire
hosts do not provide or do not provide in a clean fashion. So "try before
you buy" is an important recommendation here, and don't forget to try it on
the laptop's battery power (if you're going to use that, that is).

        Rainer