Re: do we need a forum - and what about the search function?

On Jun 2, 2007, at 7:39 AM, John Tidwell wrote:

> Or, as Kim said so eloquently another time...
>
> http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200304/msg00835.html

Good point of Kim's.  Once a bully was keeping me from going to my
friend's house by blocking his sidewalk.  Too young to be allowed in
the street, I returned home and whined to my dad.  He said,
"Sometimes you just have to shut up and fight."

I went back and kicked the bully's ass and went to play with my friend.

So that's it really.  If we really want something different we have
to make it that way.  I missed the forum thread where one was
created.  Really the only way it would work would be for us to just
abandon this list and start using that forum, relieving Kim of this
burden.  The problem is that LD has become a standard and standards
are hard to change and people tend to travel the path of least
resistance.

Note: later the bully's older brother beat the crap out of me.

Sincerely yours,

Mark