smallest possible edp foot controller

beyond the gibson pedal, does anyone know of the most basic foot
conroller situation for the edp?  even just something that can do
record, overdub multiply and maybe mute?  i've read posts over the
years that suggests that some folks make their own pedals for the unit.

i'm trying to think of a way to add my edp back into my live set-up
without using something that takes up so much room on the floor in
front of me.

john