looking for looper that syncs to real drums

Hi guys,

I have tested all kinds of loopers now but cannot find what I am looking for. This is the situation:

I am playing in a band with a drummer and I would like to sync my loops to his beats.

So basicly I need a looper wich adjusts the tempo of the loop when I am tapping the tempo with a foot pedal. Right now the loop and the drummer are drifting apart.

The drummer is pretty tight. But on stage he sometimes can’t hear my loops.

So I would like to adjust the tempo of the loop by a maximum 1 or 2 bpm. Actually the Boss RC-50 exactly does what I am looking for. I tap the tempo with my foot and the tempo adjusts to the tempo of the drummer. This is really great cause we can play kind of free.

But here comes the big problem. Even when changing from let’s say 120 to 119 bpm the loop sounds terrible. It is not a little quality loss but it’s really not acceptable.

I now that pitch shifting in real time can be done with a decent quality. At least if it’s just a little bit slower or faster.

So guys. Does anybody now of a decent looping device that does what I want?  I would rather you use pedal loopers (Hardware) than Software. But if there is no other solution I might have to go for a Notebook solution.

Greetings Jens