Line 6 DL4 questions

Some questions about the DL4:
- Is it possible to control feedback with the DL4? Or do you need the
(optional) expression pedal for that?
- I'm more used to the midi type of expression pedals. I'm wondering if the
Line 6 expresion pedal works well. Any comments on this?
- Do you need the line 6 expression pedal or can use something like a Boss
EV-5 as well?
- I own a Boss DD-20. Do you think it's worth to add the DL4 to a setup or
do they have too much overlap? The idea is to use the DL4 for delay effects
and short loops which will be feeded into a RC-50.

Comments are wellcome :)

Sjaak