Boss RC50 looper Questions... MODs.. is this possible??

I would like to have a cable running to the drumset so that I can
press record, play and start from over there.. The pedalbaord houses
my RC50 at the front of stage.. but I sample effects from the drum
location also.. and need to press RECORD from over there.
 (similar to how you guys use the Echoplex rack units)

how to do this?

and also.. the Expression Pedal outputs 1 and 2.. for just momemtary
footswtiches to go up and down banks etc.. could I install right near
that location two SPDT momentary swtiches DRILLED INTO the metal case
of the pedal and just wire them up internally. sounds straight forward
if there is room inside.

are those two mods possible with the RC50?
-phillip