Re: microphone

That's what I thought, but when I introduced the topic to a music store owner and sound engineer I know, he said the good ol' SM57s still sell better and are more popular. He didn't particular like the newer Beta models. The old Sures are just work horses. For me it's either an SM57/58, or jump to a $400+ microphone.

Kris
----- Original Message -----
From: lifeisgood
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: microphone

what about the beta 57 or something a little more expensive?

Krispen Hartung wrote:
They also work good together. The Beyer has more bottom end, but the SM57 is crisper in the high end. Some recording engineers use both to record the guitar, arranging them in a 90 degree angle and mixing them together. I don't know if it's a fact that the Beyer is a high end version of the SM57, though...there's only a $50-$60 difference on average.  Each probably has its strengths depending on the application.  I'd consider both low-mid range mics.

K-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill" <rs@moinlabs.de>