Re: Oregon Loopfest

I lived in Potland for 13 years. Helped organize festivals, big political rallies etc there. Not there anymore (since 03)... but, like you with your past home Ted, I have deep roots and connections there. There's a good population in the Portland area, LOADS of musicians and music lubbers. My friend Lisa Lepine put on the Bite of Oregon for a bunch of years. The biggest festival in Portland I believe, if not all of Oregon. She's close to the McMenamin's group. So I would opt to have a promoter work with the idea, see if they can raise $$$ etc for it. Otherwise, some Oregonian musician will end up spending months and months putting it together and losing critical music time. Good promoters can help a lot.

My friend Jim Miller was one of the founders of the Portland Blues Festival. Don't know if he's still in the game but he's very well connected too.

In Eugene I have a friend who runs (ran?) a Health and Wellness Festival that did well. Cool guy - a real go getter - and could be very motivated. Peter LeSeuer.

I'd go to bat with any of these folks to help move the idea forward.

We've done festivals here at our farm and they are a LOT OF WORK! Not big ones - I think 400 folks was our last one. I don't personally have time to organize festivals right now. But I'll help as I can and provide whatever contacts and connectors I have to help move the idea forward. I think we'd need a point man or woman to run with the ball.

Love the idea. And I think it would be very popular in Portland for certain.

I'd consider doing a looping festival here on the island, but the only looping folks around here know of is looping cows, looping around the paddock and getting looped.

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846