Cheap DIY looper

I know this project has been around in various guises on the Web for a
long long time (and is mentioned in the archives from a number of years
ago), but this page does an excellent step by step with photos for
building a looper from a Radio Shack voice recorder board.

http://www.instructables.com/id/SFKSQRX8Z0EP287017

(To be painfully exact, it's a "phrase sampler" by LD definition since
it doesn't have feedback or sound on sound).

It's very interesting seeing how people constructed their own versions
in the comments. I especially love the "Lonely-Man" version, with its
fake ad ("playing with yourself never felt so good"!), the tiny Altoids
one, and the clear box.

Anyone have ideas how to do pitchshifting on the playback?

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com