Re: OT: Busking--it's hard for everyone (Fripp)

I saw him at Tower Records in San Jose sometime in July '79.  Some
things I recall, someone asked him to autograph their Chapman Stick and
he refused.  Someone gave him some picks to try and then asked if he
ever plays fingerstyle.  He said no and proceeded to flatpick the middle
section from Fracture...you could tell the guitar players in the crowd
by the way their jaws hit the floor.  I asked him if it was dangerous
working with Jamie Muir so he told the stories about Jamie swinging
chains and spitting blood etc...Later when I was getting my copy of
'Exposure' signed, I told Fripp that I was a bass player & my friend
(who was with me in line) was a drummer and that if he wasn't doing
anything the next few hours that our practice place was just a couple
miles away...He politely turned me down, but I just had to ask!

Dennis