Re: amp - long cable - speaker = hum/noise?

HEhe..Yeah unless you are dealing with a powered speaker here as is
often the case these days..then the long cable especially if not good
quality would come into play maybe.  Many of these have balanced cable
inputs and if people use an adapter on one end and imbalance it that way
of course that will lessen noise immunity.

If it's *really* a speaker cable though, and a non-powered speaker it's
hooked to..simply unhook the amp from the cable and let the cable hang
in the air.  Do you still hear the hoise?  If so..you are probably in an
environment which is causing you bodily damage.  RUN!  :-) -Bob