Equipment cases and airline travel

Hi,

This post is a request for information/recommendations on rack cases
for airline travel.  Up to now, I have driven myself to gigs however I
may have some opportunities that require me to do some air travel.

As such, I will have to take my 19" laptop and require a minimum of a
2U shallow rack.

The thought of purchasing a 2U rack is a little stressful because I
may want to have room for additions.  However, I want to have the case
small enough that I can travel via airline with it. In addition, I may
bring a stomp-box such as my RC50.  Also travel with my Theremin --
and I'll get with Moog Music on a travel case for it.

To be honest, the thought of checking equipment with an airline is
disconcerting -- I usually carry my own bags on board except for
non-important/non-valuable things.

Thus, I would be traveling with: 1 suitcase for my clothes 'n stuff,
laptop, Theremin, equipment rack, and RC50, patchcords, etc.

Thus, I am looking for recomendations for cases/etc when I travel via
airliner.

Any advice/recomendations greatly appreciated.

-- Kevin