Re: OT "He is" or "I am"

I meant to post on this topic when it was happening, but never got around
it. I was a music director at both college and community radio stations
for
a number of years, and when we were reading some artists press ket/bio, it
didn't particularly matter whether it was written in 1st or 3rd person.
What
did matter was how much material was there that was written by people
other
than the artist, press/media material about the artist from newspapers,
zines, websites, whatever. If you have 10 pages of press clippings, you
look
like a serious artist, and it kinda doesn't matter wat you have to say
about
yourself.  So get out there, get some reviews, call the guy who writes for
your local paper, chances are he's a music fan who's dying to hear
something
cool. Send your discs to 20 music review websites, chances are 1 or 2 will
write about you. Even if the reviews aren't entirely positive, you can
usually clip out a sentence or 2 that sounds positive. Or post the whole
thing and show that you have some balls :-)

As far as the 1st/3rd person issue, in our bands bio, we write about the
collective in the 1st person "we", but individual bios are 3rd person.