OT: brickwall

While we already had the "brickwall limiting doesn't exist in the analogue
world" discussion a few days back (I firmly believe it could exist by using
longer cables in your main signal path ;), there is on the cheap front the
discontinued Alesis NanoLimiter, which has a very characteristic sound you
may or may not like. Then there are the older Behringer Composers which
sound quite fine if you combine the compressor and limiter section in a
meaningful way.