Re: new looping/drone track for your enjoyment

On 18 apr 2007, at 18.03, Os wrote:

> I just posted up a track - would love to know what people think of it.
> You can get it via my podcast:
> http://www.collective.co.uk/darkroom/podcast.html
> or directly at:
> http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/darkroom/podcast/drone_of_4_4_7.mp3

Listening right now through the built-in speaker of my G5 pc. But I'm
a happy subscriber to the podcast as well and I just saw it incoming
there - which means I can enjoy it through headphones soon. Sounds
interesting through the speaker. I like that type of "hovering
distortion" and the "partially clashing infra frequency vibrations".
Some years ago I saw a great gig here in Stockholm by Kevin -
whatever his last name is, the guy with guitar that was in My Bloody
Valentine - and he played one distorted guitar note, sampled a it in
two machines and then spent the rest of the concert creating infra
tones by micro tonal pitch changes between those two samplers.
Awesome! First time I heard David Sykes Harmonic Choir I had the same
blissful experience (that classic "Hearing Solar Wind" CD). When I
play I always listen between the notes and sounds to find out what is
REALLY happening in the music and to look for guidance in my playing.
Sometimes you don't even know if the oscillations you are "hearing"
is in the air or in your mind - that's when stuff really starts
cooking!!!!!!  ;-)   Nice noise, Os.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)